Pagemodo Posts helps you manage and produce updates for fans of your Facebook page to keep them regularly engaged. Click through the following topics to get started.
NOTE: You may have to ensure that all Posts are set to display by default by adjusting your settings on the Facebook side. Within Facebook, click "Edit Page", then "Manage Permissions". Make sure that Posting Ability and Post Visibility options are enabled, and "Default visibility" is set to "Allowed on Page".
To find posts that were hidden and unhide them, click "Edit Page" and choose "Use Activity Log". All posts will be displayed here and you can unhide a post by clicking the button on the top-right of the post and choose "Allowed on Page".
- Create a New Post
If you are managing more than one Page, be sure to select the correct project before launching Post Designer. You can do this from the dropdown menu on the left sidebar of your Dashboard.
Select Post in the "Create" dropdown to be directed to the Designer.
This will take you to the Suggested Posts page, where you can create a manual update by clicking the green Create Post button, or select from Post suggestions in the following categories:
- Articles: Search for articles relevant to your Page.
- Themes: Themes allow you to choose from pre-design templates to create a visual post. Click here for information on Post Designer.
- Your Designs: Themes that you previously customized and saved with Post Designer are saved here. Click here for more information on Post Designer.
- Photos: Search for images relevant to your Page.
- Status Updates: Choose from a selection of pre-written status updates that you can customize. You can use the search field or the Browse Categories menu to search for a specific kind of update.
- Quotes: These are mostly quotes from well-known public figures. You can use the search field to search for a specific kind of quote.
- Seasonal: Choose from a selection of pre-written Holiday-themed status updates that you can customize. You can use the search field to search for a specific kind of update. Your default list of Seasonal Updates are based on the present date.
If you don't want to use a suggested Post, you can begin typing your standard update by clicking the green Create Post button. This will launch the Create Post window.
As you type you update in the right side of the window, Posts will begin counting the number of characters in your update. This helps you keep your character count low if you are also sending your update to Twitter.
The left side of the window provide a preview how the post will look once it is published on your Facebook page.
TIP: If you want to simply share an article link, post the URL in the update window and Posts will automatically convert it to a status update with the title of the article and an image if available.
When you post a custom update or URL, you can three use different layouts that control how your post will show up on your Facebook page:
- Image layout: A large image will appear as your update and will also be added to a Pagemodo images folder for your page.
- Link layout: A thumbnail image will appear to the left of a link and summary.
- Text layout: This is a plain text update that does not include an image.
When posting a URL, Pagemodo will fetch images to use as part of the update. If you do not prefer the image options that Pagemodo finds for you, you can use the Upload Image option to select an image from your computer.
By default, your posts will be shared on your Facebook page, however you can activate sharing for Twitter and LinkedIn in the upper-right of your Create Post window. Click the Twitter or LinkedIn icons under "Share On" to connect to those services.
- Schedule Posts
Click Post Now once you are done composing and formatting your update. If you want to save your post to be published later, click Add to Queue. It will appear on your "Scheduled Posts" page. Posts are timed based on your post settings (see "Post Settings" topic below).
On the "Scheduled Posts" page, you can edit or delete what you have queued.
To edit a post:
- Click the pencil icon for the post you want to edit.
- In the popover, you will have a post preview on the right that shows how the update will be formatted once it’s published to your Facebook page.
- On the right of the popover is the Edit Post panel, where you can update the post with your changes. Your changes will appear in the Post Preview section in real-time.
- Click Update Post when you are done.
You can also change the order of scheduled posts by dragging the crosshair icon to move the post up or down.
If you want to delete the scheduled post, click the trash icon.
- Review Post Analytics
Click Analytics to view everything that has been published to your page. This will not include scheduled items that have not yet been published. This is where you can review the impact of your posts based on likes and comments.
Use the top right dropdown menu to sort your history by date, likes, comments and shares.
NOTE: Facebook requires a minimum of 30 page likes for in-depth analytics.
- Manage Post Settings
Want to send your posts to Twitter and LinkedIn in addition to your Facebook page? You can set this up from your Post Settings page.
On the “Post Settings” page, you can perform the following tasks:
- change your timezone
- choose which days you want to post on
- choose what specific times during the day you want your scheduled posts to publish (click the green + button to add a new time)
- add your twitter account, so that your updates with publish to your Twitter account, LinkedIn account and Facebook page at the same time.
NOTE: Twitter will only display up to 140 characters of your update.
Check this video tutorial on How to Review Post History & Manage Posts